ATLANTA and LONDON – December 18, 2008 – Jacada Ltd. (Nasdaq: JCDA), a leading provider of unified desktop and process optimization solutions for customer service operations, today announced that it has expanded its relationship with Telefónica O2 UK by signing a material enterprise license agreement with the leading mobile and broadband communications services provider allowing them to standardize the Jacada unified desktop solution throughout the company’s UK customer service operations. The majority of the revenue from the contract will be recognized in the current quarter.
The partnership between the companies originally started in 2007 when Jacada streamlined and automated critical call processes within the UK Pay and Go division. The success of that project, led to Jacada introducing a solution to the retentions group in the Pay Monthly consumer area of the UK business.
“We are very pleased with the results of our unified desktop initiatives and are experiencing an excellent return on the investment we have made with Jacada,” said Cheryl Black, customer service director for Telefónica O2 UK. “We are focused on providing the best customer service possible to satisfy and retain our valuable customers. The Jacada solution has allowed us to have automated and simplified call center processes, resulting in a better customer experience and lower operating costs.”
“Today, retaining customers and reducing costs are the two highest items on every executive’s priority list,” said Guy Tweedale, senior vice president of European operations for Jacada. “The decision by Telefónica O2 UK to standardize on the Jacada unified desktop solution is further validation of the significant value our customers are realizing from a more effective and efficient customer service operation.”
This news release may contain forward-looking statements as that term is defined in the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995. The words “may,” “could,” “would,” “will,” “believe,” “anticipate,” “estimate,” “expect,” “intend,” “plan,” and similar expressions or variations thereof are intended to identify forward-looking statements. Investors are cautioned that any such forward-looking statements are not guarantees of the future performance and involve risks and uncertainties, many of which are beyond the Company’s ability to control. Actual results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements as a result of various factors including the performance and continued acceptance of our products, general economic conditions and other Risk Factors specifically identified in our reports filed with the Securities and Exchange Commission. The Company undertakes no obligation to update or revise any forward-looking statement for events or circumstances after the date on which such statement is made. Jacada is a trademark of Jacada Inc. All other brands or product names are trademarks of their respective owners.
- Telefónica O2 UK Limited is a leading communications company for consumers and businesses in the UK, with 19.1 million mobile customers and over 260,000 fixed broadband customers as at 30 September 2008.
- Telefónica O2 UK Limited is part of Telefónica Europe plc which is a business division of Telefónica S.A. and which owns O2 in the UK, Ireland, Slovakia, Germany and the Czech Republic, and has 44.9 million customers.
- In 2006 Telefónica Europe acquired Be, the UK fixed broadband provider, and in October 2007 O2 launched its broadband service using the Be network.
- O2 is the naming rights partner of The O2, the world-class entertainment venue.
- O2 was ranked the 6th best place to work in the Best Companies to Work for 2008 List and has been awarded a three-star accreditation denoting an ‘extraordinary’ company.
- O2 was launched on 1 May 2002 and now has more customers than any other UK mobile network.
- O2’s UK mobile network covers 99% of the UK’s population. O2’s 3G network covers over 80% of the UK population and is fully HSDPA-enabled, providing speeds of up to 1.8 MBps for customers with an HSDPA-enabled device.
- Telefónica Europe also owns 50% of the Tesco Mobile and Tchibo Mobilfunk joint venture businesses in the UK and Germany.
- For b-roll footage of O2, please visit www.digitalnewsagency.com
- For further press information about O2 go to http://mediacentre.o2.co.uk
Jacada Media Contact – Atlanta:
Manning, Selvage & Lee
Jacada Media Contact – London:
Chaz Brooks Communications
+44 (0) 1483 537 890
Investor Relations Contact: