4. For our Customers and Site Visitors.
We receive and/or collect Personal Information from you in the following ways:
4.1. Account. We do not currently require you to provide Personal Information in order to have access to general information available on the Site. However, in order to use the Site, and/or some of its features (including the SaaS), you may have to create and register an account (an “Account”). You will be asked to provide us certain contact and personal details. We will explicitly indicate the fields that are mandatory to complete. If you create your Account, you must provide accurate and complete information for yourself. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs in your Account, and you must keep your Account password secure. You must notify us immediately of any unauthorized use of your Account. You may deactivate your Account at any time by following the options within the Site.
4.3. Contact Us Information. If you choose to send us a “Contact Us” request, whether by submitting an online form that we make available on the Site, or by sending an email to an email address that we display on the Site, you may be required to provide us with certain Personal Information such as your name and email address. You may also choose to provide us with additional Personal Information.
4.4. Surveys, Newsletter Subscriptions, and Information Requests. The Site may offer you the opportunity to participate in surveys, newsletter subscriptions or other programs. If you choose to participate, we may request certain Personal Information from you, such as your name, email address, and other specified information. Your participation is completely voluntary and you therefore have a choice whether to disclose this information.
4.5. Personally-identifiable Site activity monitoring. In the case of visitors to our Site, who either (i) submit inquiries or information via Site’s forms, or (ii) have been directed to our Site after clicking on a link in marketing e-mail from us, we may use software to connect such information submitted to us (such as e-mail addresses and contact information) with the IP address and cookie on the computer that has submitted the information to us (see “Cookies” below for a further description of cookies).
4.6. Site Cookies, Log-Files and Tracking Technologies. The Site may utilize “cookies”, log-files and other tracking technologies. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about Site activity. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall Personal Information previously indicated by a Site user. Most browsers allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers to notify you if you receive a cookie, you may choose to block cookies with your browser, or you may enable a “do not track” mechanism, which allows you to choose what tracking activity you wish to block.
5. Customers Data.
5.1. As a result of Customer’s use of the SaaS, Customer may provide, upload, import, transmit, post, or make accessible to Jacada certain data or other information including information Personal Information regarding its End User’, call records, audio recordings, recording transcriptions, SMS records, SMS message content and account log in information(“Customer Data”).
6. Jacada’s Site California Do Not Track Notice.
6.2. We do not allow third parties to collect personally identifiable information about an individual consumer’s online activities when a consumer uses the Site.
7. Publicly Available Information on the Site.
7.1. User Submissions. The Site may permit you and other users to post, publish and transmit information, video, image, data, text, documents, and other content onto public areas of the Site such as blogs (“User Submissions”). You acknowledge and agree that User Submissions will become publicly published content and will be available to other Site’s users and third parties to view. This is the case even if your User Submission contains Personal Information.
7.2. Contact Information. Please note that if you publish your contact information in your User Submissions or a User Submission, you may receive unsolicited messages from third parties which will be out of our control and which we are not be responsible. We therefore encourage you to post and publish only information you are sure you want to be accessible to anyone.
8. The Way We Use Personal Information and other Information. If you submit or we collect Personal Information and other information through the Service, then such Personal Information may be used in the following ways:
8.1. We will use your Personal Information and other designated information you provide us to provide and improve the Site and any other services to you, personalize your experience and customize content, marketing, and recommendations, to contact you and provide you notices in connection with the Site, product releases, service developments, programs or offerings that you may have registered for, and to identify and authenticate your access to the parts of the Site and services that you are authorized to access.
8.2. If you are a Site visitor (including Customer) we may use your designated contact details (such as your email address) to send you updates, a newsletter or news regarding the Site and our products and services, or to contact you in response to user inquiries and requests for information (including “Contact Us” request). This information includes registrations for newsletters and specific requests for further information.
8.3. We use your Personal Information and other designated information you provide us to address performance and fix issues. On occasion, patches and other fixes to software are developed by Jacada. We may communicate the availability of these patches or fixes to licensees of software and parties who have identified themselves to us as users or developers. These communications will not contain marketing messages and will not be subject to general opt-out elections, due to the potential importance of these patches and fixes.
8.5. Information may be collected to help create Site content and navigation that is most relevant and user friendly. This includes information collected as a result of Site navigation as well as information provided in forms.
8.6. We occasionally co-sponsor events with partners that provide services of potential benefit to Jacada software users. We may provide information on such events and services to users that have provided information, indicating interest in the subject matter or service. To help assure respect of your information, we maintain control of the information or limit the use of the information by these partners.
8.7. We may disclose your Personal Information or any information you submitted via the Service if we have a good faith belief that disclosure of such information is helpful or reasonably necessary to: (i) comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request; (ii) enforce our Terms including investigations of potential violations thereof; (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud or security issues; or (iv) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Jacada, its users, yourself or the public.
9. Use of Your Information
You should be aware, that except for information you transmit to Jacada for the purposes of receiving product support, any communication, material or information you transmit to the Site by electronic mail or otherwise, including any User Submission, data, questions, comments, suggestions, postings or the like is, and will be treated as, non-confidential and non-proprietary. Anything you transmit or post becomes the property of Jacada and may be used for any purpose, including, but not limited to, reproduction, disclosure, transmission, publication, broadcast and posting on the Site or otherwise. Except as otherwise provided herein, Jacada is free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how, or techniques contained in any communication you send to the Site for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products and services using such information.
10. Use of Anonymous Information. We may use Anonymous Information (as defined below) or disclose it to third party service providers in order to improve our services, enhance your experience with the Service and other purposes. We may also disclose Anonymous Information (with or without compensation) to third parties, including advertisers, for purposes including, but not limited to, targeted advertisements. “Anonymous Information” means information which does not enable identification of an individual user, such as aggregated information about the use of our Service.
11. Choice. At all times, you may choose whether or not to provide or disclose Personal Information. The notices that we provide on the Service in circumstances where we collect Personal Information should help you to make this choice. If you choose not to provide the Personal Information we request, you may still visit parts of the Service, but you may be unable to access certain options, programs, offers, and services that involve our interaction with you.
12. Access/Accuracy. To the extent that you do provide us with Personal Information, we wish to maintain accurate Personal Information. If you would like to correct a material inaccuracy in your Personal Information that we may be storing, you may correct such inaccuracy by using certain tools which are available in the Service.
14. Links to Other Sites. The Site may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by Jacada. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of third party websites, and you visit them at your own risk.
15. Children’s Privacy. The Site is not structured to attract individuals under the age of 13. Accordingly, we do not intend to collect Personal Information from anyone we know to be under 13 years of age.
16. Opt-Out. Jacada recognizes that users may not wish to be contacted about new or related products. Jacada allows you to opt-out of e-mail marketing that may result from your use of the Site. These choices may be made as part of the registration process or from links in marketing mailings. You may opt-out by sending an e-mail to [email protected], indicating “opt-out” in the subject line and specifying, if any, what problem you have encountered in the body of the message.
17. Security. The security of Personal Information is important to us. We follow generally accepted industry standards, including the use of appropriate administrative, physical and technical safeguards, to protect the Personal Information submitted to us. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on the Service, you can contact us at [email protected].
20. Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits customers of Jacada who are California residents to request certain information regarding its disclosure of Personal Information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to [email protected]. Please note that we are only required to respond to one request per customer each year.
Last modified: September 18, 2014
Protected Health Information and Payment Card Industry Information Annex
What is PHI – Protected Health Information?
Generally any information about the physical or mental health status, provision of health care, or payment for health care that can be linked to a specific individual, such as an individual’s name and/or contact details combined with information about health care that the individual received.
What is PCI information – Payment Card Industry information?
Generally any cardholder information (such as the account number and the expiration date) for the major debit, credit, prepaid, e-purse, ATM, and POS cards.
Information We Collect
Jacada allows its users to collect PHI in Jacada Interactions only if they have a HIPPA enabled account.
Jacada does not permit users to collect and manage PHI through Jacada Interactions without a HIPPA enabled account.
Jacada allows its users to collect PCI information in Jacada Interactions only if they have a PCIDSS enabled account.
Jacada does not permit users to collect and manage PCI information through Jacada Interactions without a PCI DSS enabled account.
HIPPA enabled account
If you are interested in a HIPPA enabled account please contact us. A HIPPA enabled account is not available for purchase online.
Does HIPAA apply to me?
If you are not a “covered entity” (as defined by HIPAA) or a “business associate” (as defined by HIPAA) performing certain functions on behalf of a covered entity, are not using Jacada to collect or store PHI (as defined above), then HIPAA likely does not apply to your use of Jacada.
PCI DSS enabled account
If you are interested in a PCI DSS enabled account please contact us. A PCI DSS enabled account is not available for purchase online.
Does PCI DSS apply to me?
If you are not a merchant, payment card processor or other business using Jacada to store, process or transmit PCI information (as defined above), then PCI DSS likely does not apply to your use of Jacada.