Puget Sound Energy is Boosting Digital Customer Service Adoption with Visual IVR
How to Improve Access to Customer Service While Reducing Customer Effort?
Guide Callers to Digital Customer Service Using a Visual IVR
Jacada is an important part of our overall vision to make it easier for customers to self-serve through their preferred channels. As PSE continues to invest and find ways to improve our customer experience, working with Jacada to update our automated voice system allows us to offer a customized and innovative option.
Josh Jacobs, Director of Business Integration
About the Client
Puget Sound Energy is a utility provider of electrical power and natural gas primarily servicing the Puget Sound region of Washington State in the northwest United States. The company provides electricity to more than 1.1 million customers and natural gas to roughly 750,000 customers.
With their ambitious Get to Zero program and a sincere commitment to, “make it easier for customers to self-serve through their preferred channels,” Puget Sound Energy is focused on ensuring they provide top-notch customer service with ease of access and convenience in mind.
- Visual IVR drives digital adoption and containment by assisting with various common contact types.
- Start service, stop service, transfer service, report an outage, check outage status and billing can all be handled visually.
- Customer intent is collected and presented to the agent, if one is needed, to dramatically reduce average handle time.
- Up to 30% of customers now choose to engage visually and opt to self-serve
- Nearly 70% of the customers who opt to engage visually, successfully self-serve without needing to connect with an agent
- Among those customers who require agent assistance, average handle time (AHT) is significantly reduced
- Customers benefiting from always-on self-service options appreciate not having to call back during office hours.
As interaction needs change over time, the team at Puget Sound Energy is identifying service options that are in high demand and offering them on the visual IVR with the goal of boosting self-service rates and improving the customer experience.